Inspection Program Audits-
Inspection of work areas and audits of safety programs are tools that can be used to identify problems and hazards before these conditions result in accidents or injuries. Audits also help to identify the effectiveness of safety program management and can be used as a guide to assure regulatory compliance and a safe workplace.
• Design and schedule audit and inspection procedures for all work areas, processes and procedures.
• Conduct routine audits and inspections
• Ensure audits are conducted by employees who understand the various safety programs and policies
• conduct informal daily safety inspections and ensure all unsafe conditions are corrected
• conduct documented weekly inspections and ensure all unsafe conditions are corrected
All safety deficiencies found during audits and inspections should be corrected as soon as possible. Documentation of corrections should be made on the audit or inspection sheet. And conditions that present a hazards are to be corrected or controlled immediately.